Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Retro Horror Classic

A couple of years ago, I had the brief pleasure of meeting and just starting development of Secret of the Amazon Queen with John McGarr, Executive Producer at My Way Pictures. John was just the sort of guy who I hoped to find in the movie biz: a guy who loves movies and appreciates what's found off the beaten path. His enthusiasm for my quirky sexy adventure tale was very encouraging. But just as we got started, meeting with an equally enthusiastic distribution company, John McGarr was tragically taken away by that most nefarious of ignorant useless bastards, the drunk driver.

Several months later, I had the honor of being invited to the premier party of the DVD release of House of the Wolfman, the retro horror film John had just finished when I met him, directed by his brother Eben McGarr, a guy as dedicated and true to his craft as his big brother. If you haven't heard of this film, which co-stars Ron Chaney (Yes, descendant of Lon Chaney Jr), check it out here at This Link

No comments: