Sunday, March 18, 2012

Update

Hey all!

I finally got my computer situation squared away. It's been sooo long since I last posted before today, so I'll just bring everyone up to speed...

As You Know: Lost Amazon Motion Pictures' Secret of the Amazon Queen being produced by Barron Entertainment is likely on hold until 2013. Therefore, because I obtained a new camera, we are in production on a short feature in the meantime. The new film is titled Hell's Bells. It is a 30-minute adventure-horror filmed as a late 1920s silent film. Interestingly, this was decided way back in November, before any of us saw The Artist (a film we love!). Our model of inspiration for this project is the HPLHS production of Call of Cthulhu, also a 1920s style silent short feature film. We are essentially following their lead and producing the film for festival and cafe cinema screenings and the DVD market, but with the extra plus of cable TV, due to my relationship with the distributor already planning to take SOTAQ. Following this update, I will post images from the film which we started shooting in January...

On the publishing front, LCL authors have been very busy. Sesh Heri has completed a new novel! This is outside the Wonder of the Worlds trilogy, with new characters and a different storyline. I will be releasing the cover art very soon and the book will come out in April...Also, W.K.Miley, resident modern noir author for the LCL 'Nightcaps' imprint, has finished his latest, the third title in the Reader series. That will be out in April, as well...

I have also been very busy on an exciting new venture with a few author friends. On March 3rd, we hosted the first monthly Alternative Universe iConference! It was a smashing success and the second one, scheduled for April 21st, is already heating up the box office. If you're tired of the same old same old in the UFO, paranormal and conspiracy media, then you'll love our conference! This conference you attend at home, watching via our website, and it's only $10. Check it out at this link:  Alternative Universe iConference ...

I saw John Carter last weekend and must say that I approve! Is it perfect Burroughs? Of course not, but it's good enough. More than good enough! I will likely be posting a review soon, after I get a chance to see it again this week...

So, I am definitely back! Now enjoy some images from my new film in production:






More to follow...

No comments: